For a while, watches fell out of favour as an accessory as people relied on their computers and mobile phones to tell the time. Thankfully they have started to regain the popularity that they deserve thanks to some stunning designs that have been placed on the market by watch makers. One area that has done particularly well is luxury watches for men with these becoming the must have accessory for the man in the know. The following is a list of the 7 best makers of luxury watches for men of 2012 so you get a better idea of who will be making your next watch.
- Bell and Ross – Often seen as relative newcomers to the arena of watches for men, this company has been established since 1992. Bell and Ross enlisted the services of aerospace engineers in the design of their watches which has helped make them look and feel unique. They made a big impact in a short space of time due to their stylish designs and today they have a big following.
- Panerai – This company is a favorite of celebrities and looking at their watches for men it is not hard to see why. Each watch is a blend of Swiss precision with Italian design, which is reflected at first glance.
- BRM – one of the few French makers of luxury watches for men, these will really appeal to those that like a break from the norm. The designs tend to be quirky and unusual, which has given them a really big following. They also produce a limited number of watches for men each year so are often seen as a bit of a collectors’ item.
- Bremont – This company was started only recently by two English watch makers, but their dedication to quality and design has seen them become hugely popular. They use only the best materials in the construction of their watches for men, including superb Swiss movements, to ensure that every men wearing one of their watches is a happy man.
- Baume and Mercier – If the watches from BRM are definitely not your cup of tea then have a look at the offering from this Swiss company. They have a reputation for crafting watches for men that are pure understated elegance, which makes their watches incredibly sought after.
- U-Boat – If you love all things nautical and prefer an oversized face on your watch then look no further. U-Boat produce a style of watches that are based on those designed for the Italian Navy in WWII and their company has a fascinating history. Today they produce watches that are really unique in design and look perfect on any wrist.
- Tag Heuer – No list of the best makers of luxury watches for men would be complete without this wonderful brand. Popular with celebrities and those that love luxury and good design, they have lots of different collections of watches for men that will suit just about any style and taste.
Thomas James is a retailer selling designer watches for men (the Danish term is ure til mænd) as well as for ladies.