Aspose.Words now supports password-protected documents created in MS Word 2013 & a new class has been introduced which allows developers to control how revisions are displayed when rendering documents to formats such as PDF, XPS etc.
The monthly release of Aspose.Words for .NET and Java14.1.0 as well as Aspose.Words for Android 1.6.0 is out now. Aspose.Words 14.1.0 includes over 100 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
Aspose.Words has wide support for documents created by Microsoft Word 2013 however one there was a limitation when it came to password-protection. Documents created by Microsoft Word 2013 use a different type of encryption when compared to older versions of Microsoft Word and as such were not supported by Aspose.Words from the get go when the new format was introduced.
The fix included in this release resolves this problem and Aspose.Words can now load and save password-protected documents without any issues. A new class has been introduced which allows user to control how revisions are displayed when rendering documents to formats such as PDF, XPS etc. Use the members of LayoutOptions.RevisionOptions to fine tune how revisions appear in rendered documents.
This release marks further improvements to rendering performance as internal parts of the rendering process have been optimized to reduce memory usage. This improvement will reduce the possibility of OutOfMemory issues and improve the rendering performance when working with extra-large documents. The list of new and improved features in this release is listed below:
- Support for password-protected documents created in MS Word 2013
- New public API to control rendering of tracking changes / revisions
- Reduced peak memory usage for large documents
- Performance improvements to the page layout engine
- Rendering of hidden text is improved
- Calculation of line height for Chinese characters improved
- Export comments to HTML as footnotes
- Export of drop-down fields and form fields as text into HTML
- Document headers and footers can now be preserved in DOC-HTML-DOC roundtrip
- DrawingML Soft Edge rendering effect implemented
- DrawingML preset shadows rendering implemented
- Hyperlink fragmentation in PDF resolved
- Add possibility of loading document via URI
- Export comments to HTML as footnotes
- Load Office 2013 encrypted document into Aspose.Words DOM
- Full reflection picture effect is not rendered in fixed page formats
- Softened/rounded edges of the image (feathering) are not retained in PDF
- Provide round-trip of export comments to HTML and import back to AW
- Round tripping of footnotes/endnotes Doc to HTML and HTML to DOC
- Tight reflection picture effect is not preserved in fixed page formats
- Provide options to change colors of Track Changes
- Layout of table is not preserved during saving a Odt to Docx
- .Net-style DateTime parsing and formatting Feature
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide user briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. User can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage Java Word Library
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Android
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download Aspose.Words for Java
- Demos for Aspose.Words
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words
- Post their technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words Blog
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts