May 15, 2014 – Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, recently announced the release of its 2013 Annual Report in digital format. In addition to reviewing the company’s 2013 performance highlights, the report presents key Bentley initiatives, including its BIM advancement for better-performing infrastructure projects and assets. Effective and emerging strategies for advancing BIM are shared annually at Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure Conference and showcased in Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbook.
Performance highlights include:
• 8% GAAP revenue growth (also 8% in constant currency) in 2013 to $593 million, with 74% of revenues from subscriptions;
• Strong 2013 organic growth in BRICS, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, the Middle East, and the U.K., with 63% of revenues from outside the U.S.;
• Application usage logged by over 1,000,000 commercial users in 165 countries;
• R&D reinvestment approaching 25% of revenues;
• Company ownership by colleagues increasing to 98% (from 58% in 2008);
• Net debt reduction by 50% since the beginning of 2013.
According to ARC Advisory Group’s “Engineering Design Tools for Plants and Infrastructure” study, released in October 2013, Bentley has achieved the #1 ranking in Electric Power Generation; Mining and Metals; Electric Power Transmission, Distribution, and Communications; Water and Wastewater Distribution; and for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction; and for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction.
Bentley Systems CEO Greg Bentley said, “Reflecting on the five years since the global financial crisis, it has become particularly clear to me that our focus on long-term investments, ingrained over 30 years as a privately held company, provides an enduring advantage. It is a testament to the importance of the work of our users – in sustaining the world economy and our environment through infrastructure – that our long-term efforts together have now resulted in Bentley Systems being recognized among the top 50 global software companies.
“As expressed in the 30-year perspective of our co-founder and CTO Keith Bentley, writing in our annual report about the evolving form factors of computing, there has never been a better time for us to be advancing infrastructure through software, leveraging information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets.”
Bentley’s 2013 Annual Report can be accessed at www.bentley.com/annualreport.