2. Use fans to keep cool but remember to turn them off when leaving the room
3. Close blinds and shades to keep heat out
4. Seal windows and doors with weather stripping to avoid air escapes and save even more
5. Grill outside instead of using the oven or stove to help keep your kitchen cool
6. Clean or replace your air filter regularly so your air conditioner runs efficiently
7. Just click to take FPL's free Online Home Energy Survey at http://www.fpl.com/easytosave
Florida Power & Light Company is the third-largest electric utility in the United States, serving approximately 4.7 million customer accounts across nearly half of the state of Florida. As of year-end 2013, FPL's typical 1,000-kWh residential customer bill is approximately 25 percent lower than the national average and the lowest in Florida among reporting utilities. FPL's service reliability is better than 99.98 percent, and its highly fuel-efficient power plant fleet is one of the cleanest among utilities nationwide. The company was recognized in 2014 as the most trusted U.S. electric utility by Cogent Reports, and has earned the national ServiceOne Award for outstanding customer service for an unprecedented 10 consecutive years. A leading Florida employer with approximately 8,900 employees, FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Fla.-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE). For more information, visit http://www.FPL.com.