Future Growth led by surging market of Herbicides and Bio-Pesticides
China, being the leading manufacturer and consumer of pesticides in the world, has witnessed remarkable growth in terms of volume of pesticides being produced over the last few years. The total agricultural output in the country had grown 4.5 times over the period 1980 to 2013, despite of limited arable land and scarce agricultural water resources. The consumption of pesticides is expected to increase in the coming years with an improvement in market conditions and global trade scenario.
China crop protection chemicals market has been registering growth in revenues over the period of 2008-2013, supported by factors such as internal restructuring by the agrochemical enterprises for the purpose of consolidation of advantageous resources. The herbicides segment has been the highest contributor in the proceeds of China crop protection chemicals in the last few years. Investment and expansion activities of agrochemical enterprises in recent years show that the agrochemical enterprises are more interested in investment in agriculture biotechnology than conventional crop protection products. China crop protection market revenues have increased at a CAGR of 19.5% from USD 17.5 billion in 2008 to USD 42.7 billion in 2013.
Government encouragement of more innovations and development of environmental friendly pesticides are expected to result in increased revenues for the pesticides market in China in the coming years. However, lack of investment in R&D and exchange rate fluctuations are expected to lead to some important shortcomings for the Chinese agrochemicals industry, according to Ken Research.
According to the research report “China Crop Protection Market Outlook to 2018” by Ken Research, the crop protection market would grow at a considerable CAGR rate and will reach USD 134.6 billion by 2018 due to the major push from herbicides and Bio-pesticides markets in China.
The report provides detailed overview on the crop protection chemicals market in China and helps readers to identify the ongoing trends in the industry and anticipated growth in future depending upon changing industry dynamics in coming years. The report will help industry consultants, pesticides manufacturing companies and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to ongoing and expected trends in future.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of China crop protection market on the basis of production, consumption and revenue.
- The market size of China herbicides market.
- The market size of China insecticides market.
- The market size of China fungicides market.
- The market size of Bio-pesticides market.
- Market segmentation of the China crop protection market on the basis of Type of Pesticides, Market Structure, Type of Crops, Province-wise Consumption, Generic and Patented Product and Chemical and Bio-Pesticides.
- Government Regulations in China Crop Protection Market.
- Imports and Exports trends of pesticides in China.
- Competitive landscape and detailed company profiles of the major players operating in the pesticides business in China.
- Revenues of Major Players in China Crop Protection Market.
- Future outlook and projections of China crop protection market– herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and Bio-pesticides, on the basis of revenues in China.
Contact Person- Ankur Gupta