In FY’2005, the ratio between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetic patients in India was around 1:16 while it registered a ratio of 1:11 in FY’2011, indicating that Type 1 diabetic patients are increasing at a faster rate as compared to the Type 2 patients.
The future of the anti-diabetic market in India is expected to showcase a healthy growth rate on account of certain predominant factors such as rising population, introduction of technologically advanced and improved drugs, better health insurance policies. In addition, the aging population in India which is more prone to diabetes is also expected to increase in the near future which in turn provides favorable grounds for the anti-diabetic drugs market prospects in India.
The Industry is expected to face major challenges in terms of prevailing price regulation in Insulin market, the attitude of the people to opt for several complementary and alternative medicines and maintenance of healthy life style to avoid diabetes. People are becoming more health conscious and they are inclining more towards physical exercises and Yoga which will help them to avoid diabetes. The oral anti-diabetic drug market is expected to showcase a decline in the future due to the fact that it involves side effects such as hypoglycemia. In addition, incompetency of the oral anti-diabetic drugs to maintain the glucose level in the blood is expected to shift the diabetic population to insulin drugs.
The report titled “India Diabetes Industry Research and Forecasts to FY’2016 – Shift towards Modern Insulin Delivery Devices” provides a comprehensive analysis on the market size of diabetes industry on the basis of number of diabetic patients in India, sales of anti-diabetic drugs and diabetes devices in India, market segmentation by Type 1 and Type 2 diabetic patients, Insulin and oral anti-diabetic drug market in India. The report also entails the size of diabetes testing devices and insulin delivery devices segments further categorized into test strips, glucose meters, lancets, vial and syringes, reusable insulin pens and prefilled pens. The report also covers competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the diabetes industry.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of the India diabetes market on the basis of number of type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients, FY’2005-FY’2011
- The Indian anti-diabetic drug and diabetes device market size on the basis of revenue, FY’2005-FY’2011
- Market segmentation of anti-diabetes drugs market into Insulin and Oral anti-diabetic drug sales and diabetes devices into testing (test strips, lancets and meters) and delivery devices (vial and syringes, reusable insulin pens, prefilled insulin pens), FY’2005-FY’2011
- Trends and developments in the Indian Anti-diabetic drug and Device Care market
- Competitive landscape of the Insulin, Oral anti-diabetic drug, diabetes testing and delivery devices segment in India, FY’2011
- Future outlook and projections of Indian anti-diabetic drugs and diabetes device market on the basis of sales, FY’2012-FY’2016
- Macroeconomic and industry factors including number of diabetes patients in India, personal disposable income, Indian Pharmaceutical market revenue and R&D expenditure and health expenditure, FY’2005-FY’2016
For more information on the research report, please refer to the link below:
For more information on healthcare vertical, please refer to the link below: