Insulin segment is expected to witness high growth with the number of type 1 patients increasing at a higher pace and type 2 diabetic customers switching towards Insulin treatment. The insulin anti-diabetic drug has gained preference amongst the diabetes population in India over the period on account of the changing attitude of the people and rising disposable income to lead a healthy and diabetes controlled lifestyle. Insulin use has made steady gains in India over the past decade. The usage of insulin has increased to 33.4% in FY’2011 from 16% in FY’2001. In India, about 57% people self inject, 24% people are injected by friend or relative and the remaining 19% are injected by expert health care service provider.
A significant number of diabetic patients are shifting towards insulin treatment instead of oral anti-diabetes drugs. This is primarily due to the underlying side effects of oral anti-diabetic drugs such as hypoglycemia and the inefficiency of these drugs in controlling the glucose level in blood for a period of time. USV India majorly focuses on oral anti-diabetic segment in India in terms of both prescriptions and retail sales value. The companies’ oral-anti-diabetic segment contributes 39% of its total sales. The major brands of company in oral anti-diabetic segment are GLYCOMET-GP, GLYCOMET and GLYNASE-MF which contributed USD 23.36 million, USD 11.40 million, USD 8.43 million respectively in 2011.
The report titled “India Diabetes Industry Research and Forecasts to FY’2016 – Shift towards Modern Insulin Delivery Devices” provides a comprehensive analysis on the market size of diabetes industry on the basis of number of diabetic patients in India, sales of anti-diabetic drugs and diabetes devices in India, market segmentation by Type 1 and Type 2 diabetic patients, Insulin and oral anti-diabetic drug market in India. The report also entails the size of diabetes testing devices and insulin delivery devices segments further categorized into test strips, glucose meters, lancets, vial and syringes, reusable insulin pens and prefilled pens. The report also covers competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the diabetes industry.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of the India diabetes market on the basis of number of type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients, FY’2005-FY’2011
- The Indian anti-diabetic drug and diabetes device market size on the basis of revenue, FY’2005-FY’2011
- Market segmentation of anti-diabetes drugs market into Insulin and Oral anti-diabetic drug sales and diabetes devices into testing (test strips, lancets and meters) and delivery devices (vial and syringes, reusable insulin pens, prefilled insulin pens), FY’2005-FY’2011
- Trends and developments in the Indian Anti-diabetic drug and Device Care market
- Competitive landscape of the Insulin, Oral anti-diabetic drug, diabetes testing and delivery devices segment in India, FY’2011
- Future outlook and projections of Indian anti-diabetic drugs and diabetes device market on the basis of sales, FY’2012-FY’2016
- Macroeconomic and industry factors including number of diabetes patients in India, personal disposable income, Indian Pharmaceutical market revenue and R&D expenditure and health expenditure, FY’2005-FY’2016
For more information on the research report, please refer to the link below:
For more information on healthcare vertical, please refer to the link below: