The report titled “Philippines Online Advertising Market Outlook to 2018 - Driven by Rising Internet and Social Media Penetration Rate” presents a comprehensive analysis of the industry covering aspects including market size by ad spending on digital or online advertising and market segmentation by types of online advertising, types of revenue generation models, type of organizational structure and by different sectors contributing to the overall revenue of online advertising in Philippines. The report also entails a detailed description on the recent trends and developments in the market and competitive positioning of major players in the industry along with future projections of the Online Advertising Industry in Philippines.
Online Advertising in Philippines can be broadly classified into display advertising, mobile advertising, search advertising and online video advertising. Display Advertising has the largest share in the online advertising space in the country. Display advertising contributes nearly ~% to the total revenue of online advertising in Philippines. One of the major reasons responsible for such a large share is the increasing internet and social media usage rates in the country. The average time spent by an individual on social media sites is way more than any other sites on internet in Philippines.
Online Advertising Market in Philippines is still in the developing stage as compared to the other markets at the global level. The expenditure or spending on the online advertising industry in Philippines was nearly USD ~ million in 2008. Online Advertising industry has been developing and gaining popularity in the country on account of rising internet connectivity and coverage as well as increasing mobile penetration rate in the country. The internet penetration rate which was nearly 15% in 2008 has risen and reached to nearly 45% in 2013.
Philippines Online Advertising Market has shown a tremendous growth during the last few years. The market has grown at a CAGR of 43.4% during 2009-2013. This has been mainly on account of the increasing popularity of social media in Philippines. The revenues have gone up from USD ~ million in 2009 to nearly about USD ~ million in 2013. The contribution of online advertising to the overall ad spending in Philippines has been nearly ~% during the period 2010 to 2012.
The Online Advertising Market in Philippines consists of a mix of innovative and creative digital ad agencies. Some of the well established agencies in digital advertising industry globally such as MRM Worldwide, McCann Worldgroup, Tribal DDB, Group M, Starcom Mediavest Group and others are the leading players in the Philippines online advertising Industry.
The revenues generated by the Philippines online advertising industry are projected to reach USD ~ million by 2018 from USD ~ million in 2013, growing at a CAGR of nearly 15.0% during the period. One of the major reasons for this increase would be the increasing levels of brand engagement in Filipinos. The agencies would concentrate more on the content creation and the promotion part of any of the ad campaigns developed by them so as to increase the engagement level from the targeted audience. The number of people having net connectivity and staying online would increase exponentially as the reach of internet will increase in the coming years.
Key Topics Covered in the report:
- Market Size of Philippines Online Advertising Industry by Spending, 2009-2013
- Value Chain of Philippines Online Advertising Industry
- Market Segmentation of Philippines Online Advertising Industry by Types of Online Advertising, 2013
- Market Segmentation of Philippines Online Advertising Industry by Types of Online Revenue Generation Models, 2013
- Market Segmentation of Philippines Online Advertising Industry by Types of Organizational Structures, 2013
- Market Segmentation of Philippines Online Advertising Industry by Different Sectors, 2013
- Philippines Online Advertising Industry Growth Drivers and Challenges
- Trends and Developments in Philippines Online Advertising Industry
- Regulating Boards and Associations in Philippines Online Advertising Industry
- Regulations in the Philippines Online Advertising Industry
- Comparative Analysis of Major Digital Advertising Agencies in Philippines
- Future Outlook and Projections in Philippines Online Advertising Industry
Contact Person- Ankur Gupta