The tire industry is one of the industries which is most affected by the recession in 2009 with the decline in the consumer spending, reduction in household wealth, rising fuel prices which result in low vehicle sales. The market made a remarkable recovery in 2010 with an increase in GDP, rise in employment rate and income level which results in regaining the buyer’s confidence in purchasing a new vehicle.
The report titled “The US Replacement Tire Market Outlook to 2016 – Driven by Fuel Efficient Tires” provides a comprehensive analysis of market size of replacement tire industry on the basis of revenue, volume and shipments, market segmentation by passenger, light truck, heavy truck, off-the-road and farm tires revenue and shipments and by distribution channel. The report also entails insight on government regulations on import of tires from China. The details on retreated truck tire market size by revenue and volume, competitive landscape and profiles of the major players operating in replacement tire industry and its segments are also discussed in the report.
The US replacement tire market is a fragmented market with the presence of large number of players. The market has experienced growth of ~% with total revenue of USD ~ billion in 2011. The economic slowdown in 2009 has led to a slump in the sales of replacement tires in the US market by ~% but the sales recovered in 2010 as the economy stabilized. In the present scenario, the surging fuel prices are encouraging the consumers to move towards fuel efficient tires. The US replacement tire market is dominated by Goodyear Tire with the market share of ~% and revenue of USD ~ million in 2011.
The US replacement tire market has showed a steady growth from past four years from USD ~ billion in 2008 to USD ~ billion in 2011. The replacement tires sales in the US market has registered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of ~% from 2008 to 2011.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of the US replacement tire industry by value, volume and shipments, 2006-2011
- Government regulations on import of tires.
- Market segmentation on the basis of passenger, light truck, heavy truck, off-the-road and farm tires revenue and shipments and by distribution channel, 2006-2011
- Trends and developments in the replacement tire industry.
- Retreaded truck tire market size by value and volume, 2006-2011
- Market Share of the top players in the US replacement tires, passenger, light truck, heavy truck, farm and retreaded truck tires segments, 2011
- Future outlook and projections of revenue, sales by volume and shipments in the US, 2012-2016.
- Macroeconomic and Industry Factors including household median income, the US population, retail gasoline prices, vehicle in use and vehicle production, 2006-2016
For more information please refer to the below mentioned link: