There are numerous good reasons to consider purchasing a used car. One of them consists of the ample selection of styles. To get the right car, it’s essential to know that you can find a variety of used cars for sale, such as:
- Microcars and Hatchbacks: Typically, microcars have unusual designs, two seats and engines less than 1.0 liter. Hatchbacks deliver certain car styles, such as hot hatch, ultra-compact, city, super-mini/subcompact and small family/compact cars.
- Saloons/Sedans and Estate Cars: Saloons/sedans propose various sports saloons, full-size luxury/executive, compact executive, and large family/midsize vehicles. On the other side, estate cars provide a more practical variant of saloons/sedans, coming along with reconfigurable interiors, which can be arranged to prioritize either cargo or passenger volume.
- Convertibles and Sports Cars: Also known as roadsters and cabriolets, convertible cars come along with particular features that make possible open or enclosed mode driving. The second categoryincludesa variety of sports cars, grand tourers, supercars, muscle cars and pony cars.
- Off-Roaders and Multi-Purpose Vehicles: Off-roaders are sport utility vehicles with true off-road capability. Multi-purpose carsinclude minivans and tall estate cars, which ensure improved visibility for the driver. The largest models provide seating for eight passengers.
Besides the fact that you can easily find a used vehiclethat belongs to any of these categories, there are many other reasons to buy such a car. The main attractions include:
- Affordability: Buying a second-hand vehicle is much cheaper than purchasing a new one. According to CNN Marketing Research, the price spread between new and used cars has seriously widened since 2008. While the average transaction price for new cars was of $29,916 in 2012, the average transaction price for used vehicles was of only $9,297 during the same year.
- Depreciation: Since the market value of a new car decreases by 30 percent in the first year, the original owner is the one who receives the depreciation hit. Another aspect relates to insurance fees, which are generally lower for a used car than for a new vehicle.
- Pre-Owned Programs: Certified pre-owned cars deliver a series of advantages, such as warranty periods, which extend beyond the original factory warranty, and special financing alternatives, which include lower interest rates compared to the loan rates for new cars.
In addition to these major benefits, a second-hand car usually guarantees great value by delivering the same reliability it has provided over the years. But, although these benefits can easily convince you to purchase a used vehicle, you should bear in mind that buying a second-hand car can be a waste of money if you fail to conduct a thorough research.
- License: Creative Commons image source
Heather B has written many blogs on cars and is always looking to share her work with others.