India Video Games Market Outlook to 2018 - Rising Popularity of Mobile and Online Games to Lead Growth provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size of the India video game industry, video games hardware and software, online games and mobile games market. The report also covers the market shares of the major hardware manufacturers in India as well as the revenues of major players in the software development space.
Video game industry in India, which is majorly driven by retail sales of software and hardware, had registered revenues of INR ~ million in FY’2013. Each segment in the video game industry is subjected to a gamut of different factors such as price cuts and number of units sold that play an important role in determining their respective revenues. The video game industry in the India has grown at a CAGR of 34.5% from INR ~ million in FY’2008 to INR ~ million in FY’2013.
The revenues of the video game software market which is majorly influenced by the hardware installed base, has transformed immensely over the last decade. The demand of video games for PCs has been majorly driving the software market revenues in India since FY’2008. The percentage share of PC gamers in India was ~% in FY’2013, thus contributing a noteworthy share to the overall video games software market in India.
The two major players in the video game hardware market in India are Sony and Microsoft. Sony’s PlayStation dominated the video games hardware market in terms of total installed base in India which stood at INR ~ million in FY’2013. Microsoft’s Xbox 360 was the second largest selling seventh generation console in India video games hardware market with ~% market share and a total installed base of 215 million in India in FY’2013.
The growing penetration of the smart phones has contributed significantly to the growth of mobile games in India. The mobile games market was valued at INR ~ million for FY’2013, growing from INR ~ million in FY’2008. This growth was supported by a multitude of factors such as growing influence of tablets and escalating mobile subscriber base, which has given people an exposure to mobile games.
India online games market, valued at INR ~ million in FY’2013, has grown immensely from INR ~ million in FY’2008. The market has received great impetus in the past few years, owing to the growing penetration of internet and broadband in various parts of the country. Rise in the usage of social networking for games has proven to be a boon for India video gaming population, thus driving the online games market considerably since FY’2008.
The market for video games in India has been changing at a rapid rate. Technological advancements and gaming diffusion across ages as well as competitive pressures have been significantly changing the market. Revenues from the video game industry in India are expected to expand to INR ~ million in FY’2018, growing with a CAGR of ~% from FY’2013 to FY’2018.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of India video game industry
- The market size of the video game software market
- The market size of the video game hardware market
- The market size of the online gaming market
- The market size of the mobile gaming market
- Market segmentation of the video game software market on the basis of console and PC software, type of distribution, and type of genre
- Market segmentation of the video game hardware market on the basis of console and handheld hardware and type of distribution
- Trends and Development in India video game industry
- Growth Drivers and Restraints of India video game industry
- Competitive landscape and detailed company profiles of the major manufacturers of video game hardware and software in India
- Future outlook and projections of India video game industry – software, hardware, online gaming and mobile gaming, on the basis of revenues in India
Browse & Download Report with TOC- http://www.kenresearch.com/media-and-entertainment/gaming-and-recreation/india-video-games-market-research-report/529-94.html
Contact Person- Ankur Gupta